STCW 2010 (formally STCW 95) basic safety training courses are run in Phuket Thailand every month.
The STCW 2010 basic safety training courses are aimed at the professional seafarer: skippers, yacht officers and crew, hostesses and other professional mariners. This course is inclusive of accommodation and meals: 5 and a half days.
STCW 2010 (STCW 95) basic Safety Training Course is essential for anyone wishing to work on commercial maritime vessels. This International certification standard is co-ordinated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and has the force of law in all the 154 signatory countries. This is an MCA approved training course.
The monthly schedule of course start dates allows you to plan your training in advance. STCW 2010 (STCW 95) basic safety training certification is a requirement for all crew positions on yachts of all sizes but does not, by itself, qualify you for a crew position.
You need additional training, certification and experience if you expect a captain to sign you aboard. If you lack these skills and certification, we recommend you sign up for our sail training and RIB Master courses as well.
RIB Master Course
The STCW course consists of the following modules:
- Sea survival is instructed in compliance to STCW '95 Code A – VI/1-1
- Fire fighting techniques and prevention is instructed in compliance to STCW 95 Code A - VI/1-2
- Emergency First Response (First Aid) is instructed in compliance to STCW '95 Code A-VI/1-3
- Personal Safely and Social Responsibilities is instructed to STCW '95 Code A - VI/1-4
- Maritime Security Awareness (new in STCW 2010) s instructed in compliance with STCW Reg V1/6 and Part A of Section A-VI/6
Previous experience: None
Duration: 5.5 days
Qualifications: STCW2010 basic safety training Certification
Everything in Phuket, for 6-days / 7-nights!
- Transfers to / from Phuket International Airport.
- Luxury campus accommodation in a Thai-style pool villa.
- Delicious food and beverages for daily breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Expert tuition: on-land at Galileo Maritime Academy and Galileo Fire Ship; in-water at Thanyapura Sports Club.
- Course notes, materials and uniform.
- Swimming lessons, if required.
- Graduation certificate.
Please ensure to bring the following items to your course:
- Documents – copy of front page of your passport; copy of your identity card, if applicable.
- Notes Taking – laptop computer; minimum 8GB USB flash drive; pens and paper notebook.
- Clothes – two / three shorts (beige / white); flat soft shoes (beige / black / white); flip flops; swimming suit; sunglasses; outfit for special evening occasions.
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shaver, etc.
- Personal Medical Kit – if required.
Deposit of 50% within 10-days of registration,
balance is due not less than 10-days before course begins, either by cash, bank transfer or Western Union.