Getting onto a super yacht as crew is not easy as owners and captains are discerning and want qualified, experienced personnel who are well trained and with great interpersonal skills.
This super yacht training course will qualify you to a level that will impress many captains and will certainly enhance your chances of employment on any yacht or superyacht.
Advanced Deckhand Course Includes:
- Personal Safely and Social Responsibility
- Firefighting and Prevention
- Basic First Aid (EFR)
- Sea Survival Techniques and Ship Security Awareness
- ISSA RIB Skipper (ICC Compliant)
- ISSA VHF Radio Operator Certificate
- ISSA Yacht Crew
- ISSA Inshore Skipper
- Additional sailing experience.
- Life on a Superyacht - A short course, how to apply for your first appointment. Life on a superyacht, your duties, your contract, pay and conditions, watches, professional standards and behaviour. The course also gives you a clear idea of your work environment, the sorts of work you will do and an idea of what your officers / guests will expect from you.These courses are ideal for crew training for their first position on a superyacht or megayacht. STCW2010 is a mandatory course for all commercial seafarers. The VHF Radio Course and the RIB Master Course are specialist courses as most deckies will be required to work alongside a skilled crew using radios and the RIBs that are standard on most superyachts.
The ISSA InshoreSkipper trains you to be a competent Skipper on a sailing or motor yacht (often the big toys on a Mega Yacht).
The Advanced Deckhand course is our higher level super yacht training course for those people who aspire to work on a Superyacht or Megayacht. The Advanced Deckhand course is a composite super yacht training course that gives you 4 valuable ISSA certificates.
- VHF Radio
- RIB Skipper
- Inshore Skipper
|Location||Duration (days)||Early Booking Discount Price (THB)|
|60 Days Before||30 Days Before||Full Price|
Previous experience: No previous experience required but some sailing or boating experience is helpful
Duration: 30 days
Qualifications: At Course End: RIB Master, VHF Radio, Inshore Skipper and STCW2010 Basic Safety Training
What's Included: Instruction, Yachts, RIBs, Safety Equipment, Exams, Course hand outs, Beverages at sea and the land base. Accommodation for the STCW portion of the course (4 nights)
We can help you with the following on request:
Motor Bike or Car Rental
What to do and where to go in Phuket